Apple is always exceptional for it’s new launches whether it’s a new mobile or a software update on it’s operating system. Apple is coming with it’s latest version iOS 14 with all new features and improvements.
Smaller and smarter
Siri is an intelligent assistant that offers a faster and easy way to access all your applications on the iPhone. Siri’s full screen takeover will finally be a thing in the past. The new update comes with a more compact UI for siri. Siri will pop up with a new and larger colourful icon that appears when you summon digital assistance in iOS.
Hide home pages
You can also hide the home pages and only keep a single page and App Library for easy access.
App Library on Home Screen
iOS 14 gives us a new Home Screen experience with an App library where it categorizes the apps based on the category, creates a group and adds a relevant name to it automatically.
You can also place a stack of widgets on your home screen. You can select a squarish shape or go with wide width for more information.
Now you can drag and drop any application widget on your home screen. iOS 14 now lets you customize the widget size based on your preference.
New Caller UI and Picture-in-Picture mode
New Caller UI
New caller UI showcases only a small banner notification on the top with caller name and end/receive buttons.
Picture in Picture Mode
With picture-in-picture mode users can now navigate elsewhere on their device, same as on ipad
New Translate App
Easier for clear understanding
The new Translate app offers a quick and natural translation of voice and text among 11 different languages. On-device mode allows users to experience the features of the app offline for private voice and text translation.
Pins and Filters in Messages
Pins in Messages
iOS 14 lets you pin your important conversations on the top. You can also select the ‘Edit Pin’ option to Pin/Unpin multiple conversations quickly.
Filters in Messages
The new Filters menu in Messages automatically organizes messages based on Known Senders, Unknown Senders, Promotions, Transactions, Promotions, and Junk.
New Memojis with Customization
Memojis are always fun to use in conversations to express oneself. New update brings more customizations like age option, face coverings including face masks, new hairstyles, and more.
Electric vehicle routing
Plan your trip with charging stations along the way.
You can now use Maps to get cycling directions using bike lanes, paths, and roads. You can also see elevation, busy streets, stairs, and steep passages when planning your trip.
Many more other feature improvements like
- Sending audio messages via Siri: With iOS 14, you can use Siri virtual assistant to send audio messages in the Messages app. Apple hasn’t clarified about third-party apps support for now.
- Notify Me in Messages: When enabled from the Messages Settings, the Notify Me option will bypass the muted conversations and send you a notification when someone mentions you in a group chat.
- Weather and Apple health Apps enhancements.
- Apple Notes and Reminders upgrades.
- Apple photo and music redesign.
- Lock/Unlock for Flip covers.
- Clear All notification buttons and banner notifications for Bluetooth device connection.
- Group Face-Time add on and new contacts UI.
- Long press the back button to bring up the history stack.
- Long press to hide all alerts.
What’s new for Developers with iOS 14
- App Clips: An app clip is a lightweight version of your app that offers users some of its functionality. Users discover and open app clips from a number of places, including Safari, Maps, and Messages, as well as in the real world through QR codes and NFC tags.
- Widgets: Widgets give users quick access to timely, at-a-glance information from your app right on the iOS Home screen. WidgetKit Framework supports widgets for apps.
- SwiftUI: SwiftUI provides a selection of new built-in views, including a progress indicator and a text editor. It also supports new view layouts, like grids and outlines. Grids and the new lazy version of stacks load items only as needed.
- Augmented Reality: ARKit Framework 4 delivers new features for all devices with the A12 Bionic chip and beyond, while RealityKit enables a new level of animation and realism for AR experiences.
- Machine Learning: Development is even easier and more extensive with new tools in Core ML for model deployment, new models and training capabilities in Create ML, as well as additional APIs for Vision and Natural Language.
- File Compression: Use the new Apple Archive framework to perform fast, multithreaded, lossless compression of directories, files, and data in iOS.
- App Store Privacy Information: Privacy is at the core of the entire iOS experience, and new privacy information in the App Store gives users even more transparency and control over their personal information. On iOS 14, apps will be required to ask users for permission to track them across apps and websites owned by other companies.
- Accessibility: A new Accessibility framework lets your app dynamically deliver a subset of accessible content to a user based on context.
- MetricKit: MetricKit Framework adds Diagnostics, a new type of payload that tracks specific app failures, such as crashes or disk-write exceptions.
- Vision: With iOS 14, the Vision framework has added APIs for trajectory detection in video, hand and body pose estimation for images and video, contour detection to trace the edges of objects and features in image and video, and optical flow to define the pattern of motion between consecutive video frames.
- Siri Event Suggestions Markup: You can use the Siri Event Suggestions Markup to provide event details on a webpage and in email. Siri parses travel arrangements, movies, sporting events, live shows, restaurant reservations, and social events. Once parsed, Siri can suggest driving directions, a ride share to a scheduled event, or activation of Do Not Disturb just before a show starts.
iOS 14 is shaping out to be an excellent upgrade for iPhone users. With every version of software update, apps are prone to crashes and bugs which might harm the user experience. Appcare is one of the trusted App development company for many global businesses as well as start-ups. As we are also a tech start-up, we understand the importance of your business value and develop quality apps & solutions.We are dedicated in developing and improving the user experience with new and existing apps with proper maintenance.